An average American will move around 11.7 times in their lifetime. So, moving or relocating is a part of everybody’s life. You are going to be overwhelmed by how this whole experience is going to be. Especially when it is your first time.
Most importantly, when you are moving, you will want to take your car along with you. Though it will take some time for preparation, the entire process and the struggle that you will need to do is all going to be worth it. Especially when you don’t have to buy a new vehicle at this new place.
Here are some of the shipping companies here who can help you ship your car without any hassle. SAC or Ship A Car Inc. is one of the best shipping companies that has successfully transported thousands of vehicles across the country or within it. They have a huge network of haulers and many other vehicles that can help you ship safely and within the time frame. Just log in to their website https://www.shipacarinc.com/preparing-your-car-for-shipping/ to get an appointment with their experts.
What do you need to do to prepare for shipping your car?
Before shipping the car, you will need to follow certain tips so that you do not have to evade any other additional costs and you can also protect your car during the transport. So, you will have to do everything to safeguard your car before the shipment starts. Here are certain things that you can do before the shipping:
- First and foremost, you will need to wash your car. The reason behind this is that you can document its condition. You can also identify any scratches or dings on the car so that you will not have to blame the shipping company for the same.
- Remove all exterior accessories like the removable bike racks, retractable antennas, custom spoilers, luggage racks, and rooftop boxes.
- Once the outside is clean, clean the inside part of your car as well. Remove any unwanted items from the car like the changes, soda cans, pens, etc. This is because when you are in transit, because of the bumps or other jarring motions your car may go flying which will make these items cause damage to your car. Remove off or plug off any electronic items too.
- Once the cleaning part is done, you will need to take pictures of the car so that any dents, scratches, or dings on the car can be captured in it. This will also help you if any further damage is caused to the car during shipment. You can ask for help from the shipping company.
- If in case you are going to ship an inoperable vehicle then you will need to inform the shipping company so that they prepare special equipment to transport that car. For cars in working condition, you will need to check for any leaks or other mechanical issues. Also, you will have to check for battery recharge and the proper pressure required in your tire. Also, check if the gas is not more than a quarter tank. Because more gas means more weight, which will ultimately add up to your cost.
- Disable any alarms and remove the toll tags
- Gather all the important documents required.
If you follow this guide then you can be assured of shipping your car without any hassle.